Sunday, February 11, 2007

Who Am I To Do Judge?

Who am I to judge other people?

Have I proved by my great success in life that I know all the answers?
Exactly the opposite. Until I came into A.A. (and found the faith that I had lost) my life could be called a failure. I made all the mistakes one could make. I took all the wrong roads there were to take. On the basis of my record, am I a fit person to be a judge of other people? Hardly. In life and A.A. I have learned not to judge other people. I am so often wrong. I usually don’t get all the information, which can be often one sided. I am much better off to let the results of what they do (other people) judge them. It’s not up to me. Do I search out all the facts or do I condemn and jump to conclusions? When I see a story on the news, how often do I see the conclusion, or am I given a bit of information, formulate a judgement and then never know or see how it really gets played out? Do I condemn all because of the actions of a few?
We beg you to lay aside prejudices even against organized religion, Big Book p 49. Be quick to see where religious people are right. Make use of what they offer, Big Book p 87.
Perhaps what I need is to prepare myself for the day when I will be required to let go of all earthly attachments and be ready to give an accounting of myself.
Some considerations from the Holy Bible. Wisdom 2: 23- 25, God created man incorruptible, and to the image of his own likeness, he made him. But by the envy of the devil, death came into the world and they follow him that are of his side, (see attached letters of Bill Wilson and Carl G. Jung from the 1963 Grapevine, it reveals the real nature of the problem).
Luke17: 3- 4, Take heed to yourselves if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he wrongs you seven times in one day and returns to you seven times saying “I am sorry,” you should forgive him.
Luke 17: 10 When you have done all you have been commanded, say, “We are unprofitable servants, we have done what we were obliged to do,” (even if we can fulfill the exacting demands of God’s commandments, it would be done only by God’s graces, and we would only be doing our duty).
None of us can say we’ve made the mark, and when others fail, we need to exercise compassion towards them, realizing that the real malady lies in our separateness from God. When separated we experience unhappiness and unpeacefulness, that equals spiritual misery. It is the sadness of the maladjustment to the eternal things. The root of the malady is estrangement from God, estrangement from Him in people that were made to be His companions. All men feel at some point a hollow place in the human soul that God is meant to fill. God will fill it when we open the door of willingness and open-mindedness to the fact that God is. Man’s purpose with religion and A.A. (page 29 A.A. 12 by 12) is to restore people to a relationship with God before their time on earth comes to an end, that they might receive eternal life. No matter how far down the scale a man may have fallen, no one should wish that they suffer eternal separation from God. And that is what Hell is. The knowledge after one is dead that they could have had Eternal Life with God in His Glory in Heaven. Some refer to it as Unspeakable Joy.

No comments: