Sunday, February 11, 2007

To Receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior Prayers

To Receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
“Lord Jesus I need you, thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive you as my savior and Lord, take control of my life, make me the kind of person you want me to be.” Amen


Prayer to turn your life over to Jesus Christ
“Dear God, I know I have not always kept your perfect law, I have sinned against You. I want your gift of forgiveness. Please come into my life and make me Yours. I want to learn from and obey You, I trust You to make that possible. Thank you for your gift of heaven through Christ’s death and resurrection.” Amen


Prayer to Invoke the Holy Spirit into Your Life
(have no unconfessed sin in your life before saying this prayer)
“Heavenly Father, I thank You that I am under the protection of the Precious Blood of Jesus which has cleansed me from all sin. Dear lord Jesus, please baptize me in the Holy Spirit and let me praise God in a new language beyond the limitations of my intellect. Thank You, Lord, I believe that you’re doing this right now! In Jesus Name I pray.” Amen


Praying in Tongues (a new language)
“Lord, I don’t understand what I am saying, but I believe it is from the Holy Spirit. The Spirit tells me and I am going to do it regardless of how I feel. Maybe I would rather be doing something else, but I am here because I want to praise and worship You. Help me to yield myself more and more to You, Come Lord Jesus come.” Amen (the gift is to help unfold us to God)


Prayer to Consecrate Your Life Daily to Follow Christ
“Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You so much for the wonderful gifts of salvation and the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Words are inadequate to express my gratitude! I know these gifts were free, given to me, on no merit of my own, but just because you love. Now I want to give You the only thing I have to give – myself. I know your will for my life is marvelous and so I ask that your perfect will be done in and through me from this day on. Help my will to yield to Yours until they blend together as one. I ask your Son, Jesus Christ to come and take the throne of my life and reign as Lord. I know I can’t do this on my own strength, but I’m relying on Your daily guidance and strength to help me. I pray that I will not be lead astray, I pray that I will continue to overcome myself, I pray that I will persistently prepare my mind for action in Your service, and that I will fulfill the works and conditions You Will for my life.”
Thank You Father for hearing my prayer, praise Your Name, In Jesus Name I Pray. Amen

No comments: